Designer handcrafted jewellery

Monday, August 03, 2009

Perle J. - A brief story

My attraction to Jewellery Design began from my multicultural upbringing of living in cities bustling with culture, fashion and a profusion of rich and exotic gemstones. My time has been spent travelling and taking in the artistry of the environment and beauty around me, as a part of that journey a whole new world has been unlocked.

To sharpen and develop my skills in Jewellery Design, Silver Smithing and Pearl Grading, I have undertaken courses of study at both the Gemmological Institute of America (Hong Kong) and the ASIMI College of Jewellery (Hong Kong).

When designing, my inspiration comes from the colour of the jewel and its form, creating an artwork of emotion and adding a touch of femininity.

2 comments:

  1. your blog is good,
    I like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice to read the history of one that develops the creativity within from discovery within a cultural diversity - the jewel is within and the work you display is certainly fun, light, creative, expressive and everything I like to dress my personality up to shine :) ... thank you for sharing ... I look forward to what choices you give me to choose!

    ReplyDelete